The Trust and TrustPARMA has partnered with CAMS-care to offer this free webinar as a way for psychologists to build awareness about using evidence based, suicide-focused treatment for suicidal patients. Our experts will explore the issues psychologists face and how to address licensing boards and angry clients. They’ll also look at the prevalence of suicidal ideation and why training more clinicians in evidence-based treatment is paramount to reducing the national suicide rate.
They’ll detail the magnitude of suicide rates in America, screening and assessment best practices to determine when to hospitalize a suicidal patient, and the considerations for treating patients in an outpatient clinical setting. There will be an overview of evidence-based treatments (DBT, CT-SP, BCBT and CAMS), systems of care, why psychologists will continue to play a vital role, using the Suicide Status Form (SSF) as a clinical roadmap, and much more.
As with all of our Continuing Education Programs, you'll earn CE for participating and watching and passing a brief exam. You'll earn 2 CEs from this webinar which can be combined with other Trust CEs to save 10-15% on your Trust Sponsored Professional Liability insurance premium.
- Identify current practices for managing suicidal patients.
- Describe risk management strategies for dealing with patients with suicidal ideation.
- Identify risk management and clinical benefits of integrating empirically validated screening and treatment techniques in outpatient clinical private practices.
- Discuss how to raise awareness of the existence of evidence-based treatment, specifically CAMS.
- Identify ways that training and certification in evidence-based treatment can increase the economic viability of your practice in a competitive market.