Part 1: HIPAA Privacy Rule (1 CE)
This presentation will provide a general overview of HIPAA and the Privacy Rule with information related to who must comply with HIPAA and key terms such as protected health information (PHI), business associate and minimum necessary. Information on patient rights under HIPAA and appropriate disclosures will also be covered.
- Identify who must comply with HIPAA.
- Identify the basic tenets of the HIPAA Privacy Rule, including key terms and patient’s rights under HIPAA.
Part 2: HIPAA Security Rule (1 CE)
This presentation will focus on the HIPAA Security Rule. Participants will learn about the Security Rule Standards and scalability, as well as potential areas of risk, and best practices for compliance.
- Apply principles of a Security Rule risk assessment to clinical practice.
- Identify potential areas of risk in clinical practice.
Part 3: HIPAA Breach Notification Rule (1 CE)
This presentation will focus on the HIPAA Breach Notification Rule. Participants will learn about what may constitute a breach of patient PHI, how to identify if a breach has occurred, and how to make a breach notification.
- Identify potential areas of impermissible use or disclosure of PHI.
- Describe steps to take assessing for breach and making breach notification.